LEGENDS OF KANSAS

History, Tales, and Destinations in the Land of Ahs
Legends of Kansas  Legends Of America  Legends General Store  Legends Photo Shop

  Search our sites

Custom Search

Google

  Legends Of America's Facebook PageLegends Of America's Twitter Page

Legends of Kansas

Counties
History
Legends & Tales
People
Places
Towns

  Also see:

  Legends of America

 

Legends of America's Rocky Mountain General Store

 

Old West Mercantile
Route 66 Emporium
TeePee Trading Post

Book Shelf

DVDs
Postcard Rack

Tin Signs

and Much More!

 

  Legends Of America's Rocky Mountain General Store - Cart View

 

Legend's Photo Print Shop

Legends Of America's Photo Print Shop
 

Ghost Town Prints

Native American Prints

Old West Prints

Route 66 Prints

and Much More!!
 

Legends Of America's Photo Print Shop - Cart View

 

About Us

Advertising

Article/Photo Use

Copyright Information

Blog

Guestbook

Links

Newsletter

Privacy Policy

Writing Credits

 

 

We welcome corrections

and feedback!

Contact Us

 

Extinct Towns of Pawnee County, Kansas

Get Old West Bumper Stickers Here!

 

  Bookmark and Share

 

 

Fort Larned, Kansas, 1867

Fort Larned, ansas, Harper's Weekly, 1867

 

 

 

 

Town

Post Office

Dates

Additional Information from Kansas: A Cyclopedia of State History, 1912, and the Kansas State Historical Society
Antone 1879-1883  
Ash Valley 1877-1908

1922-1941

Located in Ash Creek Valley, about 12 miles northwest of Larned.
Bird Nest 1883-1891  
Booth 1881-1884 Moved from Fort Larned.
Conkling 1881-1895  
Fort Larned/Pawnee Fork 1859-1881 Name changed from Pawnee Fork in 1866. Moved to Booth in 1881.
Frizell 1904-1933 A money order post-village and station on the Larned & Jetmore division of the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad. Located 7 miles west of Larned it had a general store in 1910.
George 1882-1888  
Green Ridge 1878-1881  
Harmony 1877-1908 It was situated near the northwest corner of the county, about 18 miles from Larned.
Keysville/Ben Wade 1877-1893 Name changed to Ben Wade in 1881. In 1893, moved to Rozel in 1893.
Lanark 1878-1883  
Lucas/Marshall 1878-1894 Name changed to Marshall in 1886. 
Nixon 1878-1889  
Point View 1879-1912 A country post office, it was located 11 miles southeast of Larned.
Proston 1878-1883  
Ray 1878-1884, 1889-1929 A small village on the Missouri Pacific Railroad, 8 miles east ofLarned. In 1910, it had a couple of retail stores, two grain elevators, telegraph and express offices and a population of about 60.
Sanford 1909-1954  
Saw Mill 1879-1885  
Schadel 1914-1915  

 

 

Compiled by Kathy Weiser/Legends of Kansas, April, 2010.

From the Rocky Mountain General Store

 

Old West Books - Legends of America and the Rocky Mountain General Store has collected a number of Old West books for our frontier enthusiasts.  For many of these, we have only one available.  To see this varied collection, click HERE!

 

        Ghost Towns of the Northwest 

 

                                            Copyright 2009-2013, www.Legends of Kansas.com a web property of Legends Of America